Tourism is an important pillar in the Seychelles economy and the main non-monetary tourism statistics compiled and published by the Bureau relate to:
- Visitor arrivals by country of residence
- Visitor arrivals by purpose of visit
- Average length of stay of visitors
- Visitors stay by location
- Visitors stay by type of accommodation
- First and repeat visitors by country of residence and purpose of visit
- Resident Departure (by purpose and country of destination)
- Hotel statistics (bed and room occupancy) by type of accommodation establishment
- Hotel statistics (bed and room occupancy) by island
The source of data (passenger cross-border movements for both visitors and residents) on arrival and departure, purpose of visit as well as the average length of stay of inbound visitors is the immigration information system. The information is compiled and analysed in accordance with the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) recommendations.
Hotel (bed and room availability and occupancy) statistics are obtained from information provided monthly by licensed accommodation establishments (hotels, guesthouses and self-catering apartments) as well as from the Travizory database.
Earnings from tourism are compiled quarterly by the Central Bank of Seychelles.
Tourism statistics are published weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
Click hereto access the latest Weekly Visitors Arrivals.
Click hereto access the latest Monthly Visitors Arrivals.